Medan Trip: Lake Toba - Largest Volcano Lake in the World


Lake Toba is a beautiful and unique place to visit in Indonesia.
It can be a great place to unwind as Lake Toba is extremely quiet and absent of the usual tourist hordes in places like Bali.

Lake Toba is the largest volcano lake in the world, 100 kilometres long and 30 kilometres wide, and 505 metres at its deepest level.

The island of Samosir is right in the middle of Lake-Toba. This island is the home of the Toba Bataks. Most of the hotels and guesthouses are located in the area of Tuk Tuk on Samosir Island.


Lake Toba can be easily reached from the city of Medan in around 3-4 hours and then travel by land to Parapat(the edge of Lake Toba). Look for Parapat ferry departure point, the ferry will depart every few hours to the different hotels in Tuk Tuk.


There are few hotels in Lake Toba like Hotel Carolina(first stop the ferry come from Parapat), Samosir Cottages(large hotel with good restaurant). Our hotel name is Tabo Cottages, one of the more upmarket places in Lake Toba, it is run by a German lady and her Indonesian husband.
The reception counter and restaurant of Tabo Cottages.


Wonderful view of Lake Toba.

2 comments:

Phooi Fun said...

Hi, I and my bf is travelling to Medan in this coming March. There are only the 2 of us. I am wondering about the transportation problem in Medan. From town to town and within the town. Do you have any recommendation? Should we rent a car with driver, or charter a taxi at the airport/ get a agent or just jump in the bus? We cant cycle or ride a motorbike. Can you pls advise? thanks

arabicshortstory said...

Hello,
also me it the first visit to Sumatra and Medan town and Toba like.
Hope I wiil enjoy the trip, and not facing any problem moving here and there.
Hope also to find a sweet girl friend to spend a good time far away from the tight world where I live, actualy I like the quite places not the crouded, may be in the TukTak area I can find what I want?
If you have any answer do it,
if not keep seilent and don,t bother me.
hahaahahahahahahaha
you are good, I think I will like.

Mostafa Sokkar
sokkar.ksa@gmail.com
Saudi Arabia

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin